Where to Study
- The Swiss Education System
- Overview of the Swiss University System (in English)
- Swiss Universities of Applied Science
- The Ranking Forum of Swiss Universities
- Estimated annual cost of a Swiss university – subtract the cost of accommodation to estimate cost of a student living at home.
- Federal Office for Professional Education and Technology (OPET) www.opet.admin.ch
- Rector’s Conference of the Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences (KFH) www.kfh.ch
- Federal Statistical Office (FSO) www.education-stat.admin.ch
UK (England, Wales, Northern Ireland) Universities
- Education UK
- UCAS – Information and application portal for UK universities
- Staircase12, University College Oxford’s online hub of resources for students aiming high at school and thinking about applying to top universities.
- Home Fees and Loans for students at British universities
- The Student Room is a forum for students applying to university in the UK.
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2012
U.S. Universities (also called “Colleges”)
- Undergraduate Study in the U.S. – An introduction to studying in the U.S. from the U.S. State Department
- College Navigator – a US government website with lots of unbiased information.
- Many US colleges and universities require students to take either the SAT or the ACT. Both of these tests are administered on Saturday in the Lac Léman region.
- Inside College – a great set of lists segmenting U.S. colleges and universities in many different ways
- Financial Aid and Scholarships for the U.S.
- Association of Universities and Colleges in Canada
- Macleans On Campus for the inside scoop on Canadian campuses
- Council of Ontario Universities (CUDO)
- Overview of English Language Programs in NL – includes list of links to general NL resources.
- University Colleges in the Netherlands
English-language university programs around the world
- AAICU is an organization of American international universities outside the United States. Use the Members link for information on the schools.
- English language degree programs in the Netherlands: Aimed at students from the UK, but mostly applicable to all English-speaking students.
- EUNiCAS is aimed at UK students who want a degree program abroad, but their listings of English-language degree programs are also of use to students from anywhere.
- Bachelor Programs around the world. Select the countries you are interested in, English for the language of instruction.
Factors to Consider
- Students with learning disabilities and the US admissions process
- Information on university choice in the US for students with learning differences.