The article below – thanks to Ethan Lewis, a college counselor at a school in Pennsylvania – is an excellent introduction to college (university) in the U.S. for international students covering these relevant questions:
- Should you only apply to universities?
- Should you avoid a liberal arts program in favor of one more career oriented?
- Does location matter in the US?
- Should I consider colleges that are not high in the rankings?
- How much financial aid is available?
The same answers apply to U.S. citizens living abroad except for that about financial aid, which is much more widely available to U.S. citizens.
Read the article here: True or False: International Student College Admissions